Sign up for the Rosemont Mine Truth Mailing List
- State regulator seeks public comment on key Rosemont mitigation plan that it has not made available for review
- Former Hudbay security chief faces new Guatemala trial for murder and aggravated assault
- Enviros file federal lawsuit challenging Rosemont mine
- Forest Service states it had no legal option in issuing tentative approval for Rosemont mine, which still faces major hurdles
- Pima County pressures state and federal regulators to reject Rosemont Mine
- Financial report: Hudbay plans to develop three open pit mines in Santa Rita Mountains
- Hudbay identifies major deposits with economic potential adjacent to its proposed Rosemont open pit copper mine
CategoriesAir Quality Astroturf Catastrophic Failure Clean Water Act Deceptions Economics EIS Endangered Species EPA Criticism Feasibility Study General Groundwater Hudbay Human Rights Investors Labor Litigation Mining Law Public Comment Public Hearing Recreation The closer you look, the worse it gets Transportation Uncategorized water Wildlife
Category Archives: Public Comment
As we read in the morning paper and elsewhere, the Forest Service has extended the public comment on the Rosemont draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) until January 31. If you have not yet commented, now is the opportunity to do … Continue reading
Rosemont Draft Environmental Statement (DEIS) comments due to the Forest Service TOMORROW, Wed. January 18. Send comments by email to: CoronadoNF@RosemontEIS.us Section 404 Permit Application comments due to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Thursday, January 19. Send comments by … Continue reading
Here is the video report from the Forest Service’s public meeting held in Elgin on Saturday. It is interesting to note that Rosemont supporters had to be bussed in.
Its easy for Rosemont Copper to pack a Forest Service hearing when their PR firm is helping organize the meetings. Check out and send around this report.
The Forest Service does not understand why it’s inappropriate for Rosemont’s PR firm to organize public comments
Excellent overview article in the Tucson Weekly. The Forest Service’s response to Rosemont’s PR firm planning the public comment process is: “[i]t was just logistics—just helping us with the workload.” So according to the Forest Service, it is apparently ok … Continue reading